Monday, December 22, 2014

Homework: Finding Type
I believe this type is Script.  Clearly, it was used for the tissue brand Kleenex.  I think it is appropriate for its purpose because it clearly states the brand and is simple but adds something more because it's not just plain font.
I think this font is Decorative although I'm not 100% sure.  This was used for the cover of one of the books in the Harry Potter series and I think it is used well.  Although it is difficult to imagine the book without this font, I think it works because it incorporates aspects of the book in it.  It isn't an ordinary font and the "P" is in the shape of the famous lightning bolt scar on Harry's forehead.
The font on the cover of this book is San Serif.  It is used for a book of poems and I think it is appropriate for its purpose.  Maybe it could've been more decorative although for this book I don't think that's necessary because most are familiar with the poet and there's not much need for an elaborate, eye-catching cover.
I'm pretty sure this is Oldstyle, but it may be Modern.  It's used on a bass and I think it is good for its purpose.  It's simple but has a level of sophistication that suits the bass nicely.
This type is Script and is used on a copy of a book: Lolita.  I think this suits the book very well because the background of the book is that the narrator is writing the story down from an institution.  He was also obsessed with "Lolita."  One could imagine him writing his victim's name down in his own handwriting.
This Slab Serif and it is used in my planner.  I think it's formal and works for a school planner.




No comments:

Post a Comment